Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Vladimir Tsanev <ts...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/20 10:59:46 UTC

API for accessing the log level of appender control that was added at runtime.

Hi,

If I have configuration like

<Logger name="my.logger" />
  <AppenderRef ref="appender1" level="debug" />
  <AppenderRef ref="appender2" level="info" />
</Logger>

The only way to inspect what is current logging level for a give logger I
found is via LoggerCofnig#getAppenderRefs().
However if I add my logger at runtime calling

LoggerConfig loggerConfig = configuration.getLoggerConfg(loggerName);
loggerConfig.addAppender(appender, level, null);

The appenderRef collection is not updated.

Can you change the implementation so the collection is updated? or point me
to another API where I can use to inspect what is the current log level for
appender control.

Regards,
Vlado