Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Henrik Westergaard Hansen <sp...@procesgruppen.dk> on 2003/01/05 19:47:21 UTC

Compiling JSP's (hello.jsp - HelloJSP portlet) fails. Why?

Hello
I cant get tomcat to compile JSP portlets. Even when I make a new war
file from a original distibution and deploy it, it fails with the
following message shown in the portlet window:

Error encountered processing a template:
/portlets/html/hello.jsporg.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to
compile class for JSP An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file:
null Generated servlet error:
C:\eclipse\workspace\jetdev\webapp\work\org\apache\jsp\WEB-INF\templates\jsp\portlets\html\hello_jsp.java:1:
';' expected package org.apache.jsp.WEB-INF.templates.jsp.portlets.html;
^ 1 error at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:130)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:293)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:340)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:352) at......

The tomcat console fails with<
Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:842)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:682)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:308)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:352)
        at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext
.java:507)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper

I suspect that it can be a Tomcat configuration problem. But i have no
problems compiling the example jsp included with tomcat. Please advice.

Please advice, Thanks
/Henrik

Re: Compiling JSP's (hello.jsp - HelloJSP portlet) fails. Why?

Posted by Henrik Westergaard Hansen <sp...@procesgruppen.dk>.
Hi,
It must be some tomcat configuration problem. A reinstallation of Tomcat
solved the problem.
/Henrik

Posted by "Brian J. Glas" <br...@fedex.com>.