Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Lin Ma <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/07 09:06:27 UTC

backup node question

Hi guys,

I am reading from this paper to learn about backup nodes (
http://www.storageconference.org/2010/Papers/MSST/Shvachko.pdf),

   - It is mentioned, "It contains all file system metadata information
   except for block locations. It can perform all operations of the regular
   NameNode that do not involve modification of the namespace or knowledge of
   block locations. ", what kinds of operations do not need knowledge of block
   locations?
   - It is also mentioned, "Use of a BackupNode provides the option of
   running the NameNode without persistent storage, delegating responsibility
   for the namespace state persisting to the BackupNode.", what means "running
   the NameNode without persistent storage" and "delegating responsibility for
   the namespace state persisting"?

regards,

Lin

Re: backup node question

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
oh, got it. you are a good guy.

--Send from my Sony mobile.

Re: backup node question

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
oh, got it. you are a good guy.

Re: backup node question

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
oh, got it. you are a good guy.

Re: backup node question

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
oh, got it. you are a good guy.

Re: backup node question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: backup node question

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
SNN=secondary name node  in my last mail.

--Send from my Sony mobile.

Re: backup node question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: backup node question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: backup node question

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Re: backup node question

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Re: backup node question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: backup node question

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Re: backup node question

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Re: backup node question

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Re: backup node question

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Re: backup node question

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Re: backup node question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: backup node question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: backup node question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: backup node question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: backup node question

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

Re: backup node question

Posted by Lin Ma <li...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for answering my question, Harsh.

regards,
Lin

Re: backup node question

Posted by Lin Ma <li...@gmail.com>.