Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Benjamin Adams <ba...@ambrosiasw.com> on 2005/12/21 23:09:24 UTC

[users@httpd] mac reading dir

Working with User web dir of a webserver.

User directory setup is:
/User/username -> /Volumes/RAID/username/Sites/
The connection is through a ln

I found that apache will read the dir if the link can be read by www
but this makes it so www an read the contents of all user docs.
If I make Sites read by www and user home dir not..the website will
not work.

I have tried are using netinfo so all user home dir are on the RAID

conclusion:
home dir and Sites dir both need to be read by user www.
problem home dir I don't want to be read by www.  anyone know how to
fix this?

httpd.conf:
<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
         UserDir Sites
</IfModule>

also tried
<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
         UserDir Sites
	Options FollowSymLinks
</IfModule>

Re: [users@httpd] mac reading dir

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 12/22/05, Benjamin Adams <ba...@ambrosiasw.com> wrote:

> My config:
> Alias ~$username/ "/Volumes/RAID/-backups/*/Sites/"

I'm not sure where you got that syntax from.  Certainly not the apache docs.

Take a look at mod_userdir and the UserDir directive, which will do
something like this.

Joshua.

[users@httpd] mac reading dir

Posted by Benjamin Adams <ba...@ambrosiasw.com>.
On Dec 21, 2005, at 5:09 PM, Benjamin Adams wrote:

> Working with User web dir of a webserver.
>
> User directory setup is:
> /User/username -> /Volumes/RAID/username/Sites/
> The connection is through a ln
>
> I found that apache will read the dir if the link can be read by www
> but this makes it so www an read the contents of all user docs.
> If I make Sites read by www and user home dir not..the website will
> not work.
>
> I have tried are using netinfo so all user home dir are on the RAID
>
> conclusion:
> home dir and Sites dir both need to be read by user www.
> problem home dir I don't want to be read by www.  anyone know how
> to fix this?

I something setup wrong:

My config:
Alias ~$username/ "/Volumes/RAID/-backups/*/Sites/"

<Directory "/Volumes/RAID/-backups/*/Sites">
     Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>