Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Richa Pant <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/10 02:00:03 UTC

Problem with the redirection in HTTP requests

Hi,

  I am pretty new to Jmeter.

  I was trying to record Test Case for testing a Web UI, using Jmeter Proxy.

  On running the Test Case I was getting  HTTP response code = 302 for certain HTTP requests. I changed the setting to "Follow redirects" for those requests.
  Now on running the Test Case and viewing the results in "View Results Tree" listener, I am no longer getting the HTTP 302 for those main requests ,but some of the sub http requests under the main request is still showing HTTP response code = 302.
   Also the text response to those main requests is not the page I am getting by running the application in browser. Its always the login page.

  I am using J2SE 1.4.2. on my machine and IE 6.0 and Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.1 as browser.

  Any prompt pointers in the direction of solving the issue will be highly appreciated.

  Thanking in advance,

  Richa

---------------------------------

Re: Problem with the redirection in HTTP requests

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Differences in server responses to JMeter versus browsers can be due
to cookie handling - make sure the JMeter test plan includes a Cookie
Manager.

Another difference can be the browser agent string (but this should
have been captured by the recording process and added to the Header
Manager).

Might be worth trying "redirect automatically" instead of "follow redirects".

S.