Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eduardo Yáñez Parareda <ed...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/18 12:01:49 UTC

Callback after AJAX call

Hello, I'm new to Struts 2.
In a project we're using version 2.0.9, and have some questions about AJAX
calls.
How could I call a javascript function after making an AJAX call?

I know that in future 2.1 version there is a afterNotifyTopics parameter
that I could use
to do that, but how could I do it on 2.0.9?

We tried notifyTopics, but this one executes the javascript code before and
after calling.

--
Eduardo Yáñez Parareda

Re: Callback after AJAX call

Posted by Alvaro Sanchez-Mariscal <al...@gmail.com>.
You can include your javasript call in a piece of code in the jsp
which is the result of the action.

Make sure to include executeScripts="true" in your link/button.

Alvaro.

--
Alvaro Sanchez-Mariscal Arnaiz
Java EE Architect & Instructor

RE: Callback after AJAX call

Posted by Manu Mahajan <ma...@comprotechnologies.com>.
With notify topics you can handle before and after topics separately.
Suppose submitForm is the name of the topic that you are publishing then you
can do something like this.

<script type="text/javascript">
dojo.event.topic.subscribe("/submitForm", function(data, type, e){
       if (type=="before"){
       	//do something before the form is submitted
       }
       if (type=="load")
       {
       	//do something after the form is submitted
       }
   });
</script>

Manu