Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/03 20:30:16 UTC

[S2] Form submission/update question...

I have an <s:tabbedPanel.../> with Ajax <s:div.../>s
with forms.

One of the divs is a form with a file upload and an
Ajax <s:div.../> with a list of files (it has some
ordering functionality I wanted to separate out; it
will be an Ajax form at some point).

What I'd *like* to do is update just the list of files
in the <s:div.../> (in the one tab) after a successful
file upload.

So far I haven't figured out the magic combination
that lets me do that :/

Anybody have any hints or clues?

TIA,
Dave

Re: [S2] Form submission/update question...

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [... all the info I need ...]

You rule!

I might update some of those docs, though; even after
reading it again it left me puzzled (will probably
just put an edited version of your reply).

Thanks, and thanks for looking into that <s:div.../>
href thing.

d.

Re: [S2] Form submission/update question...

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
 You can either set theme="ajax" on the submit, or on the form, and add a
"notifyTopic" to the submit tag. Topics there will be executed twice, one
before and one after the request, it is documented on the ajax page. The
topic receives 3 parameters and one of them is an string which will be
"before" for the before-request-callback, and "load" for the
after-request-callbak. On 2.1 I added a beforeNotifyTopic, and
afterNotifyTopic to simplify this.

On 2.0.X you will have to do something like:

dojo.event.topic.subscribe("/request", function(data, type, request) {
  if(type == "load") {
    //reload your div
    dojo.topic.publish("/refresh")
  }

});

<s:url
  id="ajaxTest"
  value="/AjaxTest.action" />

<s:submit
  type="submit"
  theme="ajax"
  value="submit"
  notifyTopics="/request"
  href="%{ajaxTest}"/>

musachy

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com> wrote:
> You could try triggering an event topic on the
> result page of the form submission, then listening
> for that topic in the s:div ajax tag and reload
> the list of files.

I'm sorry to be dense, but how would that actually
work? Once I return a result from the form submission
aren't I moving off the page? Or are you suggesting I
can upload with an Ajax <s:form.../>?

(Hmm, I guess I can; I thought I had tried that
earlier and it had failed, but that was before I put
that ActionContextCleanUp filter in which I still
think may be necessary for reliable file upload.)

<s:form action="dynaList!addFile" method="post"
        enctype="multipart/form-data" theme="ajax">
  <s:file name="newFile" label="Add File"/>
  <s:textfield name="newCaption" label="Caption"/>
  <s:submit targets="fileListDiv"/>
</s:form>

<s:url action="dynaFileAction" id="fileListUrl"/>
<s:div id="fileListDiv"
       href="%{fileListUrl}"
       theme="ajax"
       executeScripts="true">
</s:div>

This is actually "working" except that the fileListDiv
updates with:

[object HTMLDocument]

which is... close-ish :/

I suspect either way I'm close, but I need another
hint.

Thanks!

d.

Re: [S2] Form submission/update question...

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.
You could try triggering an event topic on the result page of the form
submission, then listening for that topic in the s:div ajax tag and
reload the list of files.  I know it would work in WW, haven't looked at
the ajax tags since the upgrade to the newest dojo version.

/Ian