Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Pedro Abelleira Seco <pe...@usc.es> on 2005/03/11 10:54:58 UTC

Netbeans tomcat

Hi

I'm starting to use Tapestry and I use Netbeans (easier for me than
eclipse).

Anyone knows how to set system properties to the netbeans bundled
tomcat?

I'm trying to set org.apache.tapestry.disable-caching to true, of course

Thanks

Re: Netbeans tomcat

Posted by Pedro Abelleira Seco <pe...@usc.es>.
Looking at the sources tapestry is calling Boolean.getBoolean, whis
access the VM system properties (at least in v3.0, I don't know about
cvs).

So I need to set the system property before tapestry is initialized.

I tried the servlet init parameter but it didn't work.

What am I missing?

El vie, 11-03-2005 a las 12:05, ron escribió:
> As far as I know tapestry can get the start arguments from various
> "sources".
> Why not set the servlet init parameter like this...
> <servlet>
> <servlet-name>taps</servlet-name>
> <servlet-class>org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet</servlet-class>
> <init-param>
> <param-name>org.apache.tapestry.disable-caching</param-name>
> <param-value>true</param-value>
> </init-param>
> <init-param>
>
> </servlet>
>

> ציטוט Pedro Abelleira Seco:
>
> >El vie, 11-03-2005 a las 11:13, Michal Hlavac escribió:
> >

> >>hello,
> >>netbeans has already bundled tomcat...
> >>You can start it in Runtime Window (Ctrl+5) and Server registry...
> >>
> >>miso
> >>

> >Thanks for your reply, but I must apologize for my english as that was
> >not the problem.
> >
> >The problem is how to set the tomcat java parameters when starting it
> >inside the ide. I need to set the mentioned system property to tell
> >tapestry to reload my page definitions. Anybody knows how to do that?
> >
> >Thanks

Pedro Abelleira Seco
Área TIC

Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
15782 Santiago de Compostela (SPAIN)
http://www.usc.es/saus

Re: Netbeans tomcat

Posted by ron <ro...@gmx.net>.

Re: Netbeans tomcat

Posted by Pedro Abelleira Seco <pe...@usc.es>.
Yes, I already have this

Re: Netbeans tomcat

Posted by ron <ro...@gmx.net>.

Re: Netbeans tomcat

Posted by Michal Hlavac <hl...@medium13.sk>.
Pedro Abelleira Seco wrote:
> El vie, 11-03-2005 a las 11:13, Michal Hlavac escribió:
>
>>hello,
>>netbeans has already bundled tomcat...
>>You can start it in Runtime Window (Ctrl+5) and Server registry...
>>
>>miso
>

> Thanks for your reply, but I must apologize for my english as that was
> not the problem.

hmmm... no, problem is with my english... ;) I answered to absolutely
different question...

Re: Netbeans tomcat

Posted by Pedro Abelleira Seco <pe...@usc.es>.

Re: Netbeans tomcat