Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeff Cave <je...@sunergon.com> on 2004/04/07 16:09:20 UTC

svnserver won't run as specified user

I am having difficulty running svnserve on a w2k server. I run it as an admin, and everything works fine. I run it as a user I have created for it and it fails miserably.

I must confess, I am not a w2k admin type person. I don't know what it is that I am missing. I did log in as the user in question and checked to make sure they could access all the necessary folders that I can think of (svnbin, svnrepo).

Can anyone offer any advice? I need to get this up and running before my manager decides that VSS is what we will use "because it is an MS product".

-Jeff-

Re: svnserver won't run as specified user

Posted by John Peacock <jp...@rowman.com>.
Jeff Cave wrote:

> I am having difficulty running svnserve on a w2k server. I run it as an
> admin, and everything works fine. I run it as a user I have created for it
> and it fails miserably.

How are you running svnserver as a service?  The user that the service logs in
as must have a couple of special rights; I forget exactly what they are called
in W2K.  Something like "Log on as a service" and "Create a Token object" and
"Replace a Process Level Token" (those are the NT names).  Logging in
interactively as that user doesn't tell you much of use, since interactive users
gain different rights than service users.

HTH

John

--
John Peacock