Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Vladimir Gorr <vv...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/23 06:13:27 UTC

[vm] ArgoUML application crashes IBM VME

ArgoUML application (http://argouml.tigris.org) crashes IBM VME. I've
created new issue (H-1257) where the logs are.
Could anybody please look at this problem and fix it?

Thanks,
Vladimir.

Re: [vm] ArgoUML application crashes IBM VME

Posted by Vladimir Gorr <vv...@gmail.com>.
On 8/23/06, Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 23 August 2006 at 16:03, "Vladimir Gorr" <vv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, thanks for this reminder. I've absolutely forgot about this
> property.
> > I'll try to re-build.
> > My next question is why this property is not set by default? Are there
> any
> > obstacles for this?
>
> Some way to (automatically) satisfy the dependencies in
> depends/libs/build/README.txt.
>
> I made a vague attempt to do something on linux (which I expected people
> to add to for other distributions but it seems everyone uses Debian
> variants?).
>
> I think someone was looking at the windows case but I've not seen any
> progress recently.  It looked to me like it was heading towards a
> solution that downloaded and built the sources to get usable dll's for
> windows.

Thanks, Mark, for this clarification.

Vladimir.

Regards,

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Would it make sense to poke in JIRA somewhere so we don't forget?  I
thought that this was still in progress...

geir

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Gorr <vv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ilya Okomin <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Vladimir!

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.
Oliver Deakin wrote:
> Thanks for the link Paulex - sorry it's taken a while to reply.
>
> I have added ArgoUML to the list of apps on the page you linked, and have
> put in the details at [1]. If there's anything that needs adding,
> please let me
> know.
Nice page! Thank you:). Hopefully the problem can be fixed soon:).

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab

Re: [vm] ArgoUML application crashes IBM VME

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.

--
Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited

Re: [vm] ArgoUML application crashes IBM VME

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Gorr <vv...@gmail.com>.
On 8/24/06, Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >> Windows stack trace says:
> >>
> >> Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: gl (Not found in
> >> com.ibm.oti.vm.bootstrap.library.path)
> >>        at
> >> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:113)
> >>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(
> >> ClassLoader.java:97)
> >>        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:758)
> >>        at org.apache.harmony.awt.gl.windows.WinGraphicsEnvironment
> >> .<clinit>(WiGraphicsEnvironment.java:38)
> >>

> >> which basically tells me that you are missing gl.dll. In fact, if you
> >> look at WinGraphicsEnvironment at line 38, there is a
> System.loadLibrary
> >> ("gl")
> >> call. You need to build with the -Dwith.awt.swing=true flag set on
> >> the ant command line to get this. If you do this and rerun argouml,
> >> the app. splash screen comes up, but is halted after a short time by
> the
> >> following error:
> >>
> >> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> >>        at
> >> java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:27)
> >>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:258)
> >>        at com.ibm.oti.vm.JarRunner.main(JarRunner.java:42)
> >> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> >> java/applet/Applet.getAppletContext()Ljava/applet/AppletContext;
> >>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Globals.getAppletContext(Globals.java:86)
> >>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Globals.showStatus(Globals.java:145)
> >>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.pushMode(Editor.java:282)
> >>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:191)
> >>        at org.tigris.gef.base.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:172)
> >> <SNIP!>
> >>
> >> which is not a surprise since our Applet class is just an empty shell.
> >> Looks
> >> like we cannot run this until we have Applet. It might be interesting
> if
> >> you
> >> ran one of the class load investigation tools contributed to Harmony (I
> >> think there might be two) to see how far away we are from running this
> -
> >> perhaps the results could be added to the website? The JIRAs containing
> >> these
> >> tools are listed at the bottom of [1]
> >

> > Uhhh... It's not very easy to build GL on Windows. Obviously this
> process
> > should (and can) be rendered automatic.
>
> I hope it can ;)
>

> > Oliver, I've got same result as you have. I also have info about all
> > classes
> > have not been implemented
> >
> > in the Harmony for this application (argoUML). At least the
> > filter_classes
> > tool (H-165) generates the following list:
>
> Great! Thanks for getting this list together. I guess these should
> all be covered by our xerces dependency - so it appears that
> the only thing standing between us and running ArgoUML is

I'm slightly unsure. We need to develop the Applet to understand this.
I mean new unimplemented classes can be found out after the
InvocationTargetException disappers.

Is there somewhere you can put this on the wiki/website so that we

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
Vladimir Gorr wrote:
> [...]

> org/xml/sax/Parser
> org/xml/sax/XMLReader
> org/xml/sax/Attributes
> org/xml/sax/Locator
> org/xml/sax/ext/EntityResolver2
> org/xml/sax/ext/Attributes2
> org/xml/sax/ext/Locator2
> org/xml/sax/helpers/DefaultHandler
> org/xml/sax/helpers/AttributesImpl
>
> Thanks,
> Vladimir.
>

> I will take a look at the Linux crash next and see if I can get anywhere
>> with that. Ill add the above stack trace to the JIRA.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Oli
>>
>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/roadmap.html
>>

>> Vladimir Gorr wrote:
>> > ArgoUML application (http://argouml.tigris.org) crashes IBM VME. I've
>> > created new issue (H-1257) where the logs are.
>> > Could anybody please look at this problem and fix it?

Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited

Re: [vm] ArgoUML application crashes IBM VME

Posted by Vladimir Gorr <vv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Vladimir,

--