Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Israel Ekpo <is...@aicer.org> on 2013/04/15 05:08:37 UTC

Moving Apache Flume to Java 7

Developers,

I was reading the following excerpt from the Oracle website a couple of
days ago and I was wondering when the project plans to move to Java 7.

In the POM, the maven compiler plugin is set to Java 6.

For the 1.4 release, it would be nice for us to move to the latest version
of Java that will continue to have security updates.

After February 2013, Oracle will no longer post updates of Java SE 6 to its
public download sites. All Java 6 releases up to and including 6u43 will be
moved to the Java Archive on the Oracle Technology Network, where they will
remain available but not receive updates. Oracle recommends that users
migrate to Java 7 in order to continue receiving public updates and
security enhancements.

References
http://java.com/en/download/faq/java_6.xml
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html