Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by lukky 410 <lu...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/25 08:17:26 UTC

somebody please help me

Hi,
am installing tomcat6.0,for that i download tomcat6.0 and unzip in C driver,
and next i set the environment variables ,

and next
for starting apache tomcati used inthe following commands in the command promt,
 C:\>cdapache*

C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.35>cdbin

C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\bin>startup.bat
                           Neither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME
environment variable is defined  At least one of these environment
variable is needed to run this program

it is showing the  above , for that what should i do?
 please could  anybody help me?

Re: somebody please help me

Posted by Manuel Fernández Panzuela <ma...@gmail.com>.
Could you try to show all environment variables ?

Just write in the command promt:
C:\>set

Can you locate your JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME ?

Un saludo

Re: somebody please help me

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
sri laxmi wrote:
> Hi,
> am installing tomcat6.0,for that i download tomcat6.0 and unzip in C driver,
> and next i set the environment variables ,
>
> and next
> for starting apache tomcati used inthe following commands in the command promt,
>  C:\>cdapache*
>

> C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.35>cdbin
>
> C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\bin>startup.bat
>                            Neither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME
> environment variable is defined  At least one of these environment
> variable is needed to run this program

sri laxmi,

Tomcat is a Java program.  To run Tomcat, you need first to install Java on your PC.

1) download and install Java 7 JRE from here :
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
Choose "Java Platform, Standard Edition", JRE download.
See installation instructions, install.

2) open a *new* command window, go to c:\...\tomcat\bin, and enter "startup.bat"

If you get any errors :

- in the same tomcat command window, type "version.bat"
- copy the response from "version.bat"
- create a new message to this list (with a better subject)
- paste the response from "version.bat" in the message
- send your message to this list

Re: somebody please help me

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 25/01/2012 07:40, sri laxmi wrote:
> Hi,
> am installing tomcat6.0,for that i download tomcat6.0 and unzip in C driver,
> and next i set the environment variables ,
>
> and next
> for starting apache tomcati used inthe following commands in the command promt,
>  C:\>cdapache*
>

> C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.35>cdbin
>
> C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\bin>startup.bat
>                            Neither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME
> environment variable is defined  At least one of these environment
> variable is needed to run this program
>

> it is showing the  above , for that what should i do?

You should not send the same message twice, using different emails
addresses, for a start.

Reading the following guide will help you understand how to ask
questions on technical mailing lists and get the solution to your
problem faster:

 http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

--

[key:62590808]

somebody please help me

RE: somebody please help me

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: lukky 410 [mailto:lukky.410@gmail.com]
> Subject: somebody please help me

> am installing tomcat6.0,for that i download tomcat6.0 and unzip in C driver,
> and next i set the environment variables ,

Set what environment variables to what values?

> for starting apache tomcati used inthe following commands in the command promt,
> C:\>cdapache*

Your space key appears to be malfunctioning.

> Neither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME
> environment variable is defined

Do you have a JVM installed?  If so, what exact version?  If not, install JRE or JDK 6 or 7.

Also, use a meaningful subject line; "please help me" is useless.

 - Chuck