Posted to dev@distributedlog.apache.org by Xiaoyuan Chen <25...@qq.com> on 2016/12/01 13:10:18 UTC

Some errors in building DL, help

Hi guys,

  I downloaded the source code from here, the 0.3.51-RC1: http://distributedlog.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/start/download
  Like you said, I run the cmd:
    mvn clean package -DskipTests

  First problem: It got stuck in the process of trying to get the library : libthrift-0.5.0-1, always keeping retrying, like this:
    Downloading: http://maven.twttr.com/org/apache/thrift/libthrift/0.5.0-1/libthrift-0.5.0-1.pom

  I don't know whether it's the problem of twitter or not. I'm sure there is no problem with my network. Fine, I installed this library manually, download from here:
    http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.thrift/libthrift/0.5.0-1

  Ok, same problem again, It can't find the library : stats-util-0.0.58, installed manually too
    Downloading: http://maven.twttr.com/com/twitter/common/stats-util/0.0.58/stats-util-0.0.58.pom

  BUT , second problem,
    distributedlog-0.3.51-RC1/distributedlog-core/src/main/java/com/twitter/distributedlog/rate/SampledMovingAverageRate.java:[20,32]
  it can't find the class Rate from com.twitter.common.stats, I check the library stats-util-0.0.58 , there is no class Rate in it indeed, AND I find it in the library stats-0.0.58.jar, weird, so I change the dependency to it, BUT it ended up in the same error, but it just can't resolve the method Rate.of(...).

  That's it, how can I fix it? I need help. By the way, how can I import this project to the idea?

Thanks

Re: Some errors in building DL, help

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 10:18 PM, Jiecxy <25...@qq.com> wrote:

> I fixed it, I forgot to download the pom file of these library …  so it
> still missed many libraries.

Glad that you fixed it.

> Actually, I'm always use the VPN and I can access the website by the
> browser,

Interesting. Are you able to ping maven.twttr.com in bash?

> but I can’t configure maven with my proxy settings properly, it uses the
> socks5 and have the encryption type of aes-256-cfb, how can I indicate this
> in the setting?
>
> I tried like this:
>    <proxy>
>       <id>my-proxy</id>
>       <active>true</active>
>       <protocol>socks5</protocol>
>       <host>my.host</host>
>       <port>3633</port>
>       <username></username>
>       <password>password</password>
>       <method>aes-256-cfb</method>
>     </proxy>

I am sorry. I am not very familiar with the encryption setting.

Posted by Jiecxy <25...@qq.com>.
I fixed it, I forgot to download the pom file of these library …  so it still missed many libraries.
Actually, I'm always use the VPN and I can access the website by the browser, but I can’t configure maven with my proxy settings properly, it uses the socks5 and have the encryption type of aes-256-cfb, how can I indicate this in the setting?

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.
That's my suspect too.

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Xiaoyuan,