Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com> on 2003/11/17 17:08:22 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom FOM_Cocoon.java

unico@apache.org wrote:

>unico       2003/11/14 10:58:18
>
>  Modified:    src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom
>                        FOM_Cocoon.java
>  Log:
>  add cocoon.sendStatus and cocoon.response.setStatus methods to FOM

<snip/>

>  +
>  +        public void jsFunction_setStatus(int sc) {
>  +            if (response instanceof HttpResponse) {
>  +                ((HttpResponse) response).setStatus(sc);
>  +

Why do we need a setStatus() on the response in the flow?

Setting the status should IMO be available only by sending an empty
response with redirector.sendStatus(), or through the "status-code"
attribute on <map:read> and <map:serialize>.

Moreover, this introduces a dependency on the http environment, which
isn't good.

Sylvain