Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Robert Wille <rw...@fold3.com> on 2014/11/26 05:52:04 UTC

Partial replication to a DC

Is it possible to replicate a subset of the keyspaces to a data center? For example, if I want to run reports without impacting my production nodes, can I put the relevant column families in a keyspace and create a DC for reporting that replicates only that keyspace?

Robert

Re: Partial replication to a DC

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 8:52 PM, Robert Wille <rw...@fold3.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to replicate a subset of the keyspaces to a data center?
> For example, if I want to run reports without impacting my production
> nodes, can I put the relevant column families in a keyspace and create a DC
> for reporting that replicates only that keyspace?

Yes, that's one of the things that Datastax DSE does to enable the SOLR
special sauce. Be sure to have a version with LOCAL_X CLs, and use them.

=Rob
http://twitter.com/rcolidba