Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ask Bjørn Hansen <as...@develooper.com> on 2004/01/10 02:58:36 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache::DBI 0.93 release candidate

I finally got around to assemble most of the patches sent in the last
few months and make a new package:

	http://develooper.com/code/Apache::DBI/Apache-DBI-0.93.tar.gz

Unless anyone finds a critical error in the next few days then I'm
going to upload it to CPAN.

Changes since 0.92:

0.93    January 10, 2004
         - Always check $dbh->ping if the PingTimeOut is 0.
           (thanks to Dennis Ingram <De...@tab.co.nz>)
         - Change $r->connection->user to $r->user to make AuthDBI work
           with mod_perl 2.0 (thanks to Neil MacGregor
<nm...@ca.ibm.com>
           and Brian McCauley <no...@cpan.org>)
         - removes the requirement for IPC::SysV to be installed if you
           don't actually use it. Remove support for mod_perls without
           push_handler support (Thanks to Brian again)
         - improve tests (based on patch from Geoffrey Young
           <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>; thanks Geoff!)

  - ask

--
http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/

Re: Help Needed

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Douglas Andrik Russel Antonio Chet Morales wrote:

> well, thank you Randy, so, i guess i have to get perl 5.8
> this is how the line i told you looks like when the apxs package is
> downloaded
>         unless $vers =~ m!Apache/2.0!;
> and this is how i fixed it
>         unless $vers = ~ m!Apache/2.0!;
> hope it helps

Thanks for clarifying that; however, the above fix doesn't
do what's intended within the installation script.
$vers =~ m!Apache/2.0! would be true
if you're using Apache/2.0, and if you're not, the script
should die, as the apxs being installed is for Apache2.

--
best regards,
randy

Re: Help Needed

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Douglas Andrik Russel Antonio Chet Morales wrote:

> Hi everyone, i'm asking for help, i'm a newbie trying to
> install mod perl, I'm using win 98, active perl 5.6.0
> build 624, Apache 1.3.12 and Apache 2.0.48 with apxs. and
> i've not been able to install mod perl, neither by using
> the packages on perl.apache.org, neither by using packages
> on theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca

Although I haven't tested this, it wouldn't surprise me if
the mod_perl ppm package for Apache 1 didn't work for
Apache/1.3.12 - that's a relatively old version, and the ppm
package was compiled against 1.3.29. If you must use Apache
1.3, try upgrading to 1.3.29. As for using Apache 2, you
must use ActivePerl 8xx (based on perl-5.8) for mod_perl 2
on Win32.

> i also hat to fix an error on the util.pl script used to
> configure apxs, i guess it's only for win users, the error
> was on the line that tried to guess the version, there was
> an blank char left outside.

Thanks - I'll look into that.

--
best regards,
randy kobes

Help Needed

Posted by Douglas Andrik Russel Antonio Chet Morales <da...@tutopia.com>.
Hi everyone, i'm asking for help,
i'm a newbie trying to install mod perl, I'm using win 98, active perl 5.6.0
build 624, Apache 1.3.12 and Apache 2.0.48 with apxs. and i've not been able
to install mod perl, neither by using the packages on perl.apache.org,
neither by using packages on theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca

i also hat to fix an error on the util.pl script used to configure apxs, i
guess it's only for win users, the error was on the line that tried to guess
the version, there was an blank char left outside.

well, i couldn't install de mod_perl neither by the binaries, neither by
packages, neither by cpan, nothing seems to work, for versión 1.99 i need
perl 8, but the others, i don't know whats going wrong.

i tried downloading the mod_perl.so available in both places, and put them
under the modules directory, trying to load them on the httpd.conf by using
the line LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so

when i try to run the apache.exe for the 1.3.12 version, it says
Syntax error on line 188 of c:/archivos de programa/apache
group/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load c:/archivos de programa/apache group/apache/modules/mod_perl.so
into
 server:

C:\Archivos de programa\Apache Group\Apache>

then, for apache 2.0.48 it displays this
Syntax error on line 162 of C:/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load C:/Apache2/modules/mod_perl.so into server: No se puede hallar
uno de los archivos de biblioteca necesarios para ejecutar esta aplicaci¾n.
(basically, it says that i cannot find a library needed to run this
aplication.  i used a special tool, and found that the only libs it needed
were perl56.dll, ApacheCore.dll, MSVCRT.dll and kernel32.dll

so, i tried to load the libs before trying to load mod_perl, but it said
always the same, any help?? i read everything i could get on my hands, but
still not finding an answer.

thank you for your help.

Excuse my bad english, actually, i'm a spanish speaker.
Andrik

i gave it a last try, i used some more scripts, and it doen't work, thanks
for your help