Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Shan Syed <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/04 21:05:35 UTC

created a new repository, it's automatically secured?

Hi, I've been using archiva for a while now as a proxy as well as a manager
for 3rd party dependencies that aren't public.

Up until now, I haven't had to ever create a new repository, I had just been
dropping in these JARs and what not into the "internal" repository that's
already created.

Now I want to clean things up a bit on a new project, and have the
"internal" proxy everything, while putting these unique JARs into their own
repository.

I've created a repository through the admin interface, but the repository is
secured immediately. Maven builds failed, and when I try to click the link
in the admin console, it prompts me for a username/password. I just want to
have an unsecured repo - where are these settings? I can't seem to find
them.

I am using the stand-alone version on windows, v 1.3

thanks

Re: created a new repository, it's automatically secured?

Posted by Shan Syed <sh...@gmail.com>.
ah, 2 seconds after I send the email, I find the user roles :P

added the new repo as observable by guest, works fine