Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Christensen, Alan" <al...@hp.com> on 2005/11/21 16:44:04 UTC

Any way to send unique cookies for each thread in a thread group?

I need to find a way to pass a unique cookie for each thread in a thread
group.  Does anyone know any mechanism that I can use to accomplish this
via a Jmeter script? The 2.0.3 cookie manager does not support the usage
of user parameters (or any variable) in the value field.  It would also
be helpful to be able to clear cookies for a single thread in the middle
of a thread execution rather than simply at the start of a thread
execution via the "clear cookies each iteration" checkbox.  Any way to
do that?

Re: Any way to send unique cookies for each thread in a thread group?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
You can cheat and use the Header Manager to send cookies; that may
support variables. Worth a try.

But surely the web application should be generating the cookies, not
the browser (i.e. JMeter)?

S.