Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/18 19:10:32 UTC

Pluto passed Sun Portlet TCK!

Hi, all,

After several weeks of hard work, i am finally ready to tell you something
exciting:

PLUTO (ALMOST) PASSED THE SUN PORTLET TCK!!!

(Here ALMOST == ALl Mandatory but One teST ;)

The only failed test is the sigtest (the last test in the TCK), which i
assume
is to verify the signature of java portlet JAR file (I tried to download the
official
release of portlet.jar from jcp.org, but that test still failed). Am not
sure if that
is a functinal test...

Here is a list of changes i've made (the SVN notification currently doesn't
work fine with me):

 * fixed all bugs concerning the portlet preferences: PLUTO-210 and some
other issues not listed on JIRA
 * fixed bugs of lost parameters and query string in the dispatched portlet
request: PLUTO-151, PLUTO-207, PLUTO-208
 * fixed bugs of the portlet session timeout issue: PLUTO-213
 * fixed bugs concerning getWriter and getPortletOutpuStream in render
response: PLUTO-209
 * removed pluto-derby module
 * refactored pluto-testsuite framework so that existing tests may be
extended to create sub test classes
 * added new portlet tests to pluto-testsuite
 * redesigned the portal theme for portlets layout
 * and something that i just can't remember

So, i think pluto is ready for a Sun-certified release (which will probably
be pluto 1.1.0).

I created a wiki page about the Sun Portlet TCK:
http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Pluto/RunningSunPortletTCK

On that page you will find the latest TCK test result (I will try to
generate some HTML reports for
the TCK). I am also planning to put some instructions about how to run the
TCK against Pluto
so that other committers who have access to the TCK may try the tests
themselves.

Thanks to all for your help! Best regards.

--
ZHENG Zhong
- http://heavyz.blogspot.com/

Re: Pluto passed Sun Portlet TCK!

Posted by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, i was told that i am not authorised to disclose that.
So i removed the page.

If you have signed the Apache NDA and got the TCK,
please contact me directly.

Regards.

--
ZHENG Zhong