Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Premal Shah <pr...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/10 22:07:51 UTC

Command line args to streaming scripts

Is it possible to pass command line arguments to streaming scripts?
eg: python mapper.py --match=2

can i pass match=2 using a streaming command to mapper.py?

Premal Shah.

Re: Command line args to streaming scripts

Posted by Premal Shah <pr...@gmail.com>.
i tried dumbo. my input is a log file. dumbo was splitting each log line by
spaces while passing me the input. that was totally weird. i would have
expected it to just split the file by line breaks.
will try -cmdenv

thanx

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--