Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Stefano Bortoli <st...@huawei.com> on 2017/10/17 15:16:49 UTC

GROUP BY TUMBLE on ROW range

Hi all,

Is there a way to use a tumble window group by with row range in streamSQL?

I mean, something like this:

//      "SELECT COUNT(*) " +
//             "FROM T1 " +
//        "GROUP BY TUMBLE(rowtime, INTERVAL '2' ROWS PRECEDING )"

However, even looking at tests and looking at the "row interval expression generation" I could not find any examples in SQL. I know it is supported by the stream APIs, and countWindow is the chosen abstraction.

    table
      .window(Tumble over 2.rows on 'long as 'w)
      .groupBy('w)
      .select('int.count)
      .toDataSet[Row]

I fear I am missing something simple. Thanks a lot for the support guys!

Best,
Stefano

RE: GROUP BY TUMBLE on ROW range

Posted by Stefano Bortoli <st...@huawei.com>.
Great, thanks for the explanation. I noticed now indeed that the examples are for the table API. I believe over window is sufficient for the purpose right now, was just curious.

Best,
Stefano

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefano,