Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com> on 2019/03/26 15:28:30 UTC

Re: --normalize-probs doesn't do its thing

Thorsten Goetzke <tg...@freigmbh.de> writes:

> uls/trunk/uls/TestAutomation/UMS_Testmanagement/02_Implementation/java/TestManagementUI
> ...svnadmin: E125005: A property with invalid line ending found in
> dumpstream; consider using --normalize-props while loading.
>
> Are there some catches on how to use --normalize-probs?

Apparently, there is a bug in the implementation of --normalize-props
that only makes it automatically fix line endings in the values of the
revision properties, but not node properties (as per the code around
load-fs-vtable.c: set_node_property()).

I'll put fixing that on my TODO list.

Regards,
Evgeny Kotkov

Re: --normalize-probs doesn't do its thing

Posted by Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com>.
Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com> writes:

> Apparently, there is a bug in the implementation of --normalize-props
> that only makes it automatically fix line endings in the values of the
> revision properties, but not node properties (as per the code around
> load-fs-vtable.c: set_node_property()).

I think that this issue should be fixed by https://svn.apache.org/r1868203

(Will try to nominate this fix to the stable branches, once I get some spare
time for that.)

Regards,
Evgeny Kotkov

Re: --normalize-probs doesn't do its thing

Posted by Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@tibco.com>.
Just FYI, I've found that svnsync automatically fixes these problems. My
pattern for old repositories has been to perform the svnadmin dump / load
with --bypass-prop-validation.

Then use svnsync to copy yet again to another copy of the repository. Then
remove the sync properties on rev 0.

Eric.

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@tibco.com>.