Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Bill Q <bi...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/22 22:06:50 UTC

Double value displayed wrong through Phoenix

Hi,
I just started using Phoenix. I use HBase 0.98.3 Java API to put some
double numbers in the table. But the value displayed through Squirrel and
Phoenix are different from what I put in.

If I use HBase Java API to get the value from those inserted rows, the
double values are correct. So, it seems to be a display issue with Squirrel
and Phoenix. For example, all the negative number has displayed as positive
number or really small negative number like -0.0005, etc.

I used DOUBLE as the column type when I created the table in Phoenix. And
used HBase Java API Bytes.toByte(double) in the Put to insert the row.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Bill

Re: Double value displayed wrong through Phoenix

Posted by Fenny Thomas <ft...@interset.com>.
As you're serializing using hbase's Bytes.toBytes(double), map your
column type as UNSIGNED_DOUBLE. Details here -
http://phoenix.apache.org/language/datatypes.htm

Alternatively as Anil suggested, use phoenix's api (jdbc) or serialize
using PDataType something like PDataType.DOUBLE.toBytes(double)

- Fenny Thomas

Posted by Anil Gupta <an...@gmail.com>.