Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Brown <wb...@GOCSC.com> on 2005/05/24 15:52:33 UTC

JNDI Realm Broken

Greetings:

We have been using a custom JNDI realm for several months on Tomcat 5.0
without an issue.  Yesterday, an application suddenly stopped working
with the following error trace during deployment:

May 24, 2005 8:46:12 AM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester
startElement
SEVERE: Begin event threw error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/realm/JNDIRealm
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.findClass(StandardClassLo
ader.java:485)
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLo
ader.java:820)
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLo
ader.java:721)
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLo
ader.java:803)
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLo
ader.java:721)
at
org.apache.commons.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java
:252)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:200)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1273)
at
org.apache.catalina.util.CatalinaDigester.startElement(CatalinaDigester.
java:65)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
Source)
at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
Source)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(U
nknown Source)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDis
patcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unkno
wn Source)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1567)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeploy
er.java:488)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:863)
at
org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.deploy(ManagerServlet.java:81
3)
at
org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.deployInternal(HTMLManage
rServlet.java:271)
at
org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doGet(HTMLManagerServlet.
java:95)
at
tionFilterChain.java:237)
at
erChain.java:157)
at
e.java:214)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:104)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
20)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardCon
textValve.java:198)
at
e.java:152)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:104)
at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authenticator
Base.java:540)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:102)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
20)
at
:137)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:104)
at
:118)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:102)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
20)
at
java:109)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:104)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
20)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:79
9)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:57
7)
at
.java:683)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Has anyone seen this issue lately?  Could it be something with the
parser.

Thanks.
Bill.

*

	"Privileged/Confidential Information of Communications Supply
Corp. may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee of
this message, you may not copy, use or deliver this message to anyone.
In such event, you should destroy the message and kindly notify the
sender by reply e-mail.  It is understood that opinions or conclusions
that do not relate to the official business of Communications Supply
Corp. are neither given nor endorsed by Communications Supply Corp."

Re: JPDA and Tomcat 5.5.9 Service on Windows

Posted by 毛建明 <ma...@gmail.com>.
hi cam,
this url maybe useful for you.

http://www.pauaware.co.nz/tomcatntservice.htm