Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by richard green <gr...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/09 19:37:08 UTC

Reading contents of a frameset

Hi,
  I am trying to read the contents of a page containing a frameset. The
frameset contains 2 individual frames. I need to read the content of each
frame. I cannot read the URLs pointed to by the frames as the frames need
the frameset in order to work properly. Does anybody know a solution for
this.

Thanx in Advance
richard

Re: Reading contents of a frameset

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.
What do you mean by the term "need the frameset"? And what do you mean
by "work properly"?

have a good weekend

Odi

Posted by Simon Roberts <si...@fifthweb.net>.
The server may? be looking at the HTTP referrer field to make sure that it
was the frameset page was the linked to the frames.

Try adding a Referrer field to the requests for the pages within the
frameset

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.36

This would probably be via HttpMethod.setRequestHeader("Referer",
http://the/frameset/page) when fetching the individual frame Uris.

Cheers, Simon

>   Well, read the frame set, and then read the frames?  Basically, just do
> what a browser would do.
>
> Tom
>
> On Fri, 9 May 2003, richard green wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >   I am trying to read the contents of a page containing a frameset. The
> > frameset contains 2 individual frames. I need to read the content of
each
> > frame. I cannot read the URLs pointed to by the frames as the frames
need
> > the frameset in order to work properly. Does anybody know a solution for
> > this.
> >
> > Thanx in Advance
> > richard

> > For additional commands, e-mail: