Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Ashwill, Steve (Facilities & Services)" <sa...@uiuc.edu> on 2008/10/24 17:13:35 UTC

Spring framework

Any plans to upgrade the Spring Framework to the latest version?  We are
trying to run the latest version of Mule from mulesource as an
application in the Geronimo container but there are conflicts with the
Spring Framework versions. Mule is currently running Spring Framework
2.5.

Thanks,
Steven Ashwill

Re: Spring framework

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Oct 24, 2008, at 8:13 AM, Ashwill, Steve (Facilities & Services)
wrote:

> Any plans to upgrade the Spring Framework to the latest version?  We
> are
> trying to run the latest version of Mule from mulesource as an
> application in the Geronimo container but there are conflicts with the
> Spring Framework versions. Mule is currently running Spring Framework
> 2.5.

You could considerably speed the upgrade if you would try building
geronimo with the upgraded spring version and see if there are any
obvious problems and if the old spring copy is pulled in by a
dependency we haven't excluded.

The spring version is in the root pom as a property.  Assuming the
build succeeds, check the geronimo repo to make sure only the
specified spring version is included.

Please open a jira with the upgrade request and your results.

Many thanks
david jencks