Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Perkonigg <mi...@liland.at> on 2005/08/30 13:56:13 UTC

Problem with SimpleFileStore

Hello,

I am using a SimpleFileStore for my logs but if I create a file and have
a look at it with i.e. DAV Explorer it seems that slide thinks it is a
directory (or collection, spoken in slide terms).
It shows some size on it though, but if I try to read it like a file
slide hiccups with some error.
'Item License.txt found. But it is not a file.'
This happens if I try to read a file but get a directory instead.

If anyone has a suggestion what to try, I would be very happy.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Problem with SimpleFileStore

Posted by Michael Perkonigg <mi...@liland.at>.
Michael Perkonigg wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am using a SimpleFileStore for my logs but if I create a file and have
>a look at it with i.e. DAV Explorer it seems that slide thinks it is a
>directory (or collection, spoken in slide terms).
>It shows some size on it though, but if I try to read it like a file
>slide hiccups with some error.
>'Item License.txt found. But it is not a file.'
>This happens if I try to read a file but get a directory instead.
>
>If anyone has a suggestion what to try, I would be very happy.
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

And I found the problem to this also.
It seems that the SimpleFileStore sets the resourcetype property to
"<collection/>" if it is a directory but does nothing if it is a file.
This should be correct if the resourcetype is null initially, but it
don't work this way.
I created my own SimpleFileStore which sets the resourcetype to null if
it is a file and now it works.

Regards,
Mike