Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Chris MacKenzie <st...@chrismackenziephotography.co.uk> on 2014/07/23 11:47:59 UTC

How to set up the conf folder

Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on this for me. Every time I attempt to set up
the conf directory, I run into a whole load of errors and ssh issues which
I don¹t see when my config files are in etc/hadoop

I want to understand how to use the conf directory. My ultimate goal is to
use symbolic links

I have a running cluster based version of hadoop-2.4.1. I start and stop
the cluster from the RM with:

./hadoop-2.4.1/sbin/start-dfs.sh
./hadoop-2.4.1/sbin/start-yarn.sh

My understanding is that to use the conf directory my settings should be
was follows:

Settings:
bash-profile has $HADOOP_CONF_DIR =
/scratch/extra/cm469/hadoop-2.4.1/etc/hadoop
Hadoop-env.sh has export
HADOOP_CONF_DIR=${HADOOP_CONF_DIR:-"/etc/hadoop/conf²}

conf/core-site.xml
conf/hdfs-site.xml

conf/mapred-site.xml

conf/yarn-site.xml

conf/capacity-scheduler.xml

etc/hadoop/hadoop-env.sh

etc/hadoop/slaves

etc/hadoop/masters

Thanks in advance,

Chris MacKenzie
telephone: 0131 332 6967
email: studio@chrismackenziephotography.co.uk
corporate: www.chrismackenziephotography.co.uk
<http://www.chrismackenziephotography.co.uk/>
<http://plus.google.com/+ChrismackenziephotographyCoUk/posts>
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismackenziephotography/>

Re: How to set up the conf folder

Posted by Chris MacKenzie <st...@chrismackenziephotography.co.uk>.
Hi Ravindra,

Thanks for replying, it’s much appreciated.

That’s always been the case with my setup:

export HADOOP_PREFIX="/scratch/extra/cm469/hadoop-2.4.1"
export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=$HADOOP_PREFIX/etc/hadoop

I think my issue is that I have not set yarn-env.sh up correctly. TBH I
didn’t know it existed. I plan to get round to trying that at some point
in the near future.

Many thanks,

From:  Ravindra <ra...@gmail.com>
Date:  Monday, 28 July 2014 13:09
To:  <us...@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: How to set up the conf folder

Hi,

Could you try putting this in .bash_profile
export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/scratch/extra/cm469/hadoop-2.4.1/etc/hadoop/

Regards,
Ravindra

Posted by Ravindra <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,