Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Feniks Nator <fe...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/04 09:42:16 UTC

[m2] setting up internal repository

Hey,

I'm wondering what's the best way to set up an internal Maven repository.

I know of the Maven Repository Manager (MRM), but when will it be available?

We would like to control what's put in the internal repository.
So one of the ideas was to create a maven project that contains only
dependencies to 'allowed' libraries. The local repository of this project
could then be used as The central internal repository. However this approach
does not seem to work, because the maven-metadata.xml files are not created.
Can anyone confirm that this approach indeed does not work?

Anyone knows of good in-dept documentation on this (I've read the guidelines
on the Maven site, and Better Builds with Maven (which is by the way a great
introduction to maven))?
Do there exist other tools to 'easily' manage maven repositories?

Thanks..

Re: [m2] setting up internal repository

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
If you want to control what's put in the repository just use a FTP (or
any other protocol) in which normal users don't have write access.
Then assign some administrators who get write acces rights and are
able to upload dependencies. When normal users want a new dependency,
they just need to ask the admin. It's a bit strict but I think it is
what you want.

Note users won't be able to deploy their projects either on this
repository so maybe you should have another repository where
developpers can upload their project.