Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2010/10/03 20:01:23 UTC

Feature freeze for 0.90 on Wednesday, October 5th, with branch soon after?

I've been running cluster tests of TRUNK over the last week or so and
IMO things are looking pretty good. I think its time to cut the first
0.90 release candidate.

Toward that end, I'd like to suggest that we feature freeze TRUNK on
Wednesday, October 5th.  After Wednesday, I'd suggest that there
should be no more commits on TRUNK unless a stabilizing bug fix or a
documentation addition.  Soon after Wednesday -- Friday the 7th? --
I'd like to cut a 0.90 branch from which we'll make the first HBase
0.90.0 release candidate.  Any objections or suggestions on how best
to bring the 0.90 release home?

Features missing that we are hoping to get into a 0.90 include fixup
of replication to match the new master, fixup of the hbsck tool again
to suit new master, and the initial coprocessor commit.  Are there any
others?

Thanks,
St.Ack

RE: Feature freeze for 0.90 on Wednesday, October 5th, with branch soon after?

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>.
Stack and I spent a good deal of last week fixing unit tests.  Almost everything is now passing, so I expect a clean Hudson build early this coming week.  Some unit tests, like those for replication, still need to be fixed but are currently disabled on trunk so should not impact Hudson.

+1 on getting maven clean up in asap.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
> I realize that you're all constantly working on it and
> things are in a flux but we haven't had a working build
> for over a month on Hudson and it would be great to once
> again be able to finish a build successfully.

Hence the feature freeze. :-)

   - Andy

Re: Feature freeze for 0.90 on Wednesday, October 5th, with branch soon after?

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>.
+1 on all.

I've also been doing lots of testing on TRUNK this past week and things look good to me as well.

This coming week I will be finalizing HBASE-3053 (multiple masters in unit tests) and building out some new unit tests based on it so we can officially close out some of the master/failover JIRAs still open against 0.90 and also gain more confidence in the new code as we move towards release.

I will also work on getting the latest HBCK onto trunk by Wednesday.

JG