Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2009/06/21 23:20:49 UTC

[Vote] Separating the spec compliance stuff

Great to see all the Vysper discussions going on. This is going to be
a great project!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Niklas Gustavsson<ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> What do you think? I'm leaning towards keeping the code here at MINA,
> but doing it as a separate module from Vysper.

Since no one has objected, I'll propose for the spec compliance code
to be moved to a separate subproject of MINA (at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/speccompliance with Java package
name org.apache.mina.compliance).

To get a final decision on this, let's vote and be done:
[ ] +1, Do it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmUZGdi7Ty4)
[ ] 0
[ ] -1, FAIL

/niklas

Re: [Vote] Separating the spec compliance stuff

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
[X] +1, Do it

thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: [Vote] Separating the spec compliance stuff

Posted by Michael Jakl <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> [X] +1, Do it

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [Vote] Separating the spec compliance stuff

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Niklas Gustavsson<ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> The vote passed with 4 +1 votes. I'll go ahead and break out the code.
> We also need to publish it to the snapshot repo so that Vysper (and
> other projects can use it).

Since we now have a modularized build for Vysper, I broke
spec-compliance out of core Vysper but kept it in the main Vysper
build for now.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Niklas Gustavsson<ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<el...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Would be interesting to get such a code moving to commons...
>
> Yeah, but as discussed earlier in this thread, when I asked over a
> commons-dev the interest seemed pretty limited (one reply, albeit
> positive).

Any ASF committer can have access to the Commons Sandbox, so if you
want to move development there you can do so no problem. Moving out of
the Sandbox (where you can't do releases) to proper usually depends
mainly on having at least 2 or 3 committers interested in working on
it (Commons wants to avoid orphan components). If you have 2/3 people
here prepared to work on it then I don't see a problem - but if its
probably going to be one person then it may be better to leave it here
and provide the oversight with the Mina PMC.

Niall

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Niklas Gustavsson<ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<el...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Would be interesting to get such a code moving to commons...
>
> Yeah, but as discussed earlier in this thread, when I asked over a
> commons-dev the interest seemed pretty limited (one reply, albeit
> positive).

So that's the second +1 for this move ;)

> /niklas

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [Vote] Separating the spec compliance stuff

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Would be interesting to get such a code moving to commons...

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Niklas Gustavsson<ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Niklas Gustavsson<ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
>> Since no one has objected, I'll propose for the spec compliance code
>> to be moved to a separate subproject of MINA (at
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/speccompliance with Java package
>> name org.apache.mina.compliance).
>
> The vote passed with 4 +1 votes. I'll go ahead and break out the code.
> We also need to publish it to the snapshot repo so that Vysper (and
> other projects can use it).
>
> /niklas

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [Vote] Separating the spec compliance stuff

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.