Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ian Lim <ma...@ematic.com> on 2002/01/07 08:05:28 UTC

Questions on Torque?

Hi

I have incorporated feedback from a few people and update the chart
to my best knowledge.

Changes Done:
- modified the title to reflect more accurately what is the chart about
- added in the column for Object Bridge, however I don't have enough
information at this moment.
- added broad categories Database Support, Tools Support, Mapping Features

New Features List
- Latest Version
- Query Language Support
- Two-Phase Commit
- Multiple Database
- Large ResultSet Cursoring
- GUI Mapping Tool
- Polymorphic Loading
- Self Referential Relation
- Large Object Support
- m:n Relationship

Regarding Torque, I'm not sure of the following things:
- Does Torque able to support large result set cursoring and
self-referencing relationships ?

Regards
==========
Ian Lim
email: mallim_sg@yahoo.com.sg
homepage: http://www.webappcabaret.com/mallim

Re: Questions on Torque?

Posted by Ian Lim <ma...@ematic.com>.
Hi

Thanks for the question which makes me rethink on the whole definition
regarding
Multiple Database.

I removed it from the feature list for the moment.

The next thing I am thinking of adding is the compatability of the different
libraries
with the different RDBMS (Oracle, Sybase, Interbase, MySQL, PostgresSQL )
available.
This might show some interesting perspective.

Regards
Ian Lim
email: mallim_sg@yahoo.com.sg
homepage: http://www.webappcabaret.com/mallim

P.S. For those who don't know head or tail regarding the above comments,
please refer to
http://www.webappcabaret.com/mallim/main/template/omcompare.vm

Posted by "Gonzalo A. Diethelm" <go...@aditiva.com>.
What exactly do you mean by "multiple database", where Torque has a "No"?