Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org> on 2003/10/13 20:35:15 UTC

absolute paths with eclipse:generate-classpath

Hi all,

when calling goal eclipse:generate-classpath
on the project.xml (in dir c:\projects\eclipse\maven-tryout) holding
this snippet:

     <build>
         <sourceDirectory>src/java</sourceDirectory>
     </build>

results in a .classpath file holding an *absolute path* for the
src-classpath-entry:

   <classpathentry kind="src"
path="C:\projects\eclipse\maven-tryout\src\java">
   </classpathentry>

Really don't know if this is as should be or not, but eclipse only seems
to show up the src path in the project>properties if I manually change
the @path to be *relative* (i.e. path="src\java")

any clues?

-marc=
PS: running maven rc1 and eclipse 3.0M4 on w2k

Re: absolute paths with eclipse:generate-classpath

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.
dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

<snip about="manual installing the eclipse plugin" />

> Marc, since you're on rc1, you could have typed just this:
>
> maven -DgroupId=maven -DartifactId=maven-eclipse-plugin
> -Dversion-1.5-SNAPSHOT plugin:download

(for the record: small typo above: -Dversion={version-label})

> and it would have done it all for you.

dion,
many thanx for catching this left-over question as well,
I saw the official 1.5 release announced and tried out your suggestion
right away

it rocks!

-marc=

Re: absolute paths with eclipse:generate-classpath

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Re: absolute paths with eclipse:generate-classpath

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.
Hi again,

found this:   http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-407

which pointed me (more or less) to downloading:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/maven/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin-1.5-SNAPSHOT.jar

and saving it in my $MAVEN_HOME/repository solved the issue.

I do have the feeling that this manual download is not entirely *the*
way to go, but it got me past this one for sure...

regards,
-marc=