Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/29 11:50:51 UTC

Release soon ?

Hi guys,

I have fixed a really seirous issue last friday, and I think we need to
cut a release very quickly. M11 is badly broken, and up to a point, one
may not be able to restart the server with all the data available.

I can cut this release as of today, and I'd like to do it fast (ie, with
a 24h notice, instead of a 72h). This release would replace M11.

I think it would be better to name it M12, even if we are on our way to
RC1, because I don't want to see many users installing M11 and have a
bad experience...

Wdyt ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Release soon ?

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Release soon ?

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Sounds fair to me.

Let's try release something fixing the most critical issues ASAP.

My +1 on the 24h notice vote and the M12 naming.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud