Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Deus Davis <I_...@hotmail.com> on 2007/06/18 21:48:23 UTC

Javadoc task

I have a build which will occasionally hang in the middle of running my
javadoc task. I have increased memory usage to 1GB and still have the issue.
I turned on verbose mode and still I am getting no indication as to why this
is happening . What could be causing this type of behavior?

I did search but did not find any answers . My first post..thank you

Re: Javadoc task

Posted by Deus Davis <I_...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you all, that fixed it!! It was the links! Thank you again!

Re: Javadoc task

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
On 6/20/07, Deus Davis <I_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> This doesn't happen every time I build bu frequently. The only links in the
> javadoc task are the following.
>
>                         <link href='http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/' />
>                         <link href='http://www.junit.org/junit/javadoc/4.3/' />
>                         <link href='http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/' />
>                         <link href='http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/apidocs/' />
>

> Could this be the problem?
I would think so. Some of these sites
can sometimes be woefully slow.

Try to comment out the links and see if this helps.
Try also with the offline and packageListLoc attributes
of the <link> element:
see:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/javadoc.html

Re: Javadoc task

Posted by Deus Davis <I_...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Javadoc task

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.

Re: Javadoc task

Posted by Deus Davis <I_...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Javadoc task

Posted by Qazwart <qa...@gmail.com>.

Re: AW: Javadoc task

Posted by Deus Davis <I_...@hotmail.com>.
Very very small right now. We are in the beginning of development only 3
months into coding.

This is interesting. We have version 1.6 but we are using javac 1.5. I tried
to use 1.6 but it causes our Clover application to crash.