Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Peter Davis <pe...@pdavis.cx> on 2002/07/02 00:18:23 UTC

My Compliments

On Monday 01 July 2002 15:36, Scott Lamb wrote:
> Yep, it works fine now. I'm impressed, that was under an hour from the
> report to you finding and fixing the problem, running tests, and
> checking it in.

I've been reading almost every message this list for several months now, and I
want to thank the Subversion team for an absolutely awesome job.  It gives me
a wonderful tingly feeling to think how professionally and organized you all
handle the project, and the shivers when I wish that other open source
projects could be handled in the same manner (*cough* Ion window manager
*cough* steaming pile of hack *cough*).  Your code and architecture are
beautiful.

I truly believe that I have personally become a better developer just by
watching this team do their magic.  Thank you!!

--
Peter Davis

Re: My Compliments

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Peter Davis <pe...@pdavis.cx> writes:
> I've been reading almost every message this list for several months
> now, and I want to thank the Subversion team for an absolutely
> awesome job.  It gives me a wonderful tingly feeling to think how
> professionally and organized you all handle the project, and the
> shivers when I wish that other open source projects could be handled
> in the same manner (*cough* Ion window manager *cough* steaming pile
> of hack *cough*).  Your code and architecture are beautiful.
>
> I truly believe that I have personally become a better developer just by
> watching this team do their magic.  Thank you!!

Wow!  Speaking of "wonderful tingly" feelings... :-)

Thanks on behalf of all the developers & testers, Peter,
-K