Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by I Love JMeter <il...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/14 21:50:23 UTC

building JMeter from source on 20051214

It is December 14, 2005
I am running Linux, I am using jdk1.5.0_01
I have downloaded and unzipped jakarta-jmeter-2-1.20051214_lib.zip and
jakarta-jmeter-2-1.20051214_src.zip

/README says

" If you have downloaded a nightly build, please cd to the jakarta-jmeter
  directory and type "./build.sh" (Unix/Linux) or "build" (Windows). This
  should compile the application and enable you to run jmeter from the /bin
  directory. "

There is no build.sh file
What am I doing wrong?

Re: building JMeter from source on 20051214

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
you'll need to atleast have ANT.  if you don't want eclipse, you'll need to
set your classpath and it should build using ANT.

look on the wiki for details.

peter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14/12/05, I Love JMeter <il...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just been trying to run and/or build JMeter from the command line.
> I do not know a lot about using an IDE with Java.
>
> I could use Eclipse, but I do not know how.
>
> I tried building it with ant.  I went to the trouble of getting and
> putting in my CLASSPATH the jars
>
>  activation.jar  bsf.jar  bsh-2.0b4.jar  jms.jar  mail.jar

These need to be in lib or lib/opt

> ant says everything built successfully.  I do not see a jmeter binary I can
> run in /bin .

There should be an ApacheJMeter.jar in bin. Run this using jmeter.bat
or jmeter (shell).

> How do I build JMeter with Eclipse?
> How do I get someone to fix the install instructions?

Create a Bugzilla request describing exactly what needs to be fixed.

Posted by I Love JMeter <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.