Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Chalcy <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/28 19:37:46 UTC

sqoop hbase create table

Hi,

I am looking for sample sqoop import command to import into hbase even when
the hbase table is not there.

The command I am using now is sqoop import --connect "blah connection"
--query "blah query" -m 1 --hbase-create-table --hbase-row-key mydbkey

If I have target-dir in there, then sqoop gets data into hdfs and no trace
of hbase action and no error as well.

I have been using sqoop in and out of hive successfully.

Thanks,
Chalcy

Re: sqoop hbase create table

Posted by Chalcy <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! Alok.  It did work.  I had to add --column-family as well.

Cheers,
Chalcy :)

Re: sqoop hbase create table

Posted by Alok Kumar <al...@gmail.com>.