Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Schuweiler, Joel J." <Sc...@mayo.edu> on 2005/06/27 18:11:22 UTC

Filter based on category?

Is there a way to use the category chunk in the xml config files to "filter" which appender to use or am I better off making a custom filter which checks the category? I have tested and read that the StringMatchFilter only matches against the message.

Re: Filter based on category?

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
Can you provide more details about what you want to do?  Do you want
to filter based on a string in the category instead of the hierarchy
of the category?

On 6/27/05, Schuweiler, Joel J. <Sc...@mayo.edu> wrote:

> Is there a way to use the category chunk in the xml config files to "filter" which appender to use or am I better off making a custom filter which checks the category? I have tested and read that the StringMatchFilter only matches against the message.

James Stauffer