Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2018/03/09 23:14:41 UTC

Initial sample theme based on colors

Hi,

just committed the initial experiment. still some dirty code but you can
look at it.

the branch is "jewel-ui"
projects: projects/Jewel, themes/JewelTheme and examples/JewelExample

Although I use SASS you don't need it since I already committed the final
css files:

royale-jewel-blue.css
royale-jewel-red.css

(Warning!! just did two examples two showcase, this is completly temporal
and visuals are only to showcase, never final. As well there's only
dependent one only one color "primary-color")

If you want to look at SASS files, optionaly:
1.- primary-color is in sass/color/_blue-color-palette.sass (and the other
file that ends in red for red primary-color) -> this should evolve to
complete palettes
2.- this colors are used through all the rest files and as components are
added, more will be used. So without something like SASS this is cumbersome
(very cumbersome ;))
3.- in Jewel I use structure based in the work already did for MDL, and see
that Piotr updated sometime soon. I put a "primary" var to set up the
component to use primary color as we did in MDL set, but now this is out
own set ;) and we can evolve it to do many other things and shows in many
different ways creating many other themes. In MDL we are stuck to what MDL
does.
4.- in mixins, you can see the definition of a mixin that is used in any
theme to create the styles for any color

Things to improve (need help here)

5.- if we want a new color we need to create a new file a new palette -> I
think we can make this automatic without the need to create a new file,
just pass a new color in a var with ANT or MAVEN
6.- right now to use the theme in JewelExample I need to change the pom.xml
to include only the blue css or the red css, this should be automatized as
well in other way, maybe including all and make JewelExample define a var
in ANT or MAVEN that says what is the color we want to use.

5-6 points needs from you guys to let it happen while I continue with theme
definitions, can you help me with this??

Think that right now there's only 1 var ($primary-color), but we need more:
$secondary, $accent, if use gradients 2 vars for a gradient, and more...

Note I had disabled created, but while reworking I break it, tomorro I'l be
continue and upgrading all of this I must leave now.

Hope you like it! :)

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Initial sample theme based on colors

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

just uploaded latest changes to jewel-ui branch, I think JewelExample is
now more visible and css is more structured and complete for button. Still
needs work, but things start to go more smoothly.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Initial sample theme based on colors

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Let me play a bit with your example to see what is all about right now.

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Initial sample theme based on colors

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Initial sample theme based on colors

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
One last thing,

--
Carlos Rovira