Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Niyaz Abbasov <ab...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/15 10:41:26 UTC

Ojdbc7 dependency issue

Hi,

I'm Niyaz. I'm from Azerbaijan. I'm a Senior Software Engineer in PASHA Bank
<https://pashabank.az> - the top corporate bank in Azerbaijan. We are using
Oracle as our core database system. For local projects, we're using ojdbc7
as a driver. We always facing with ojdbc7 dependency problem which is not
available in your repo. We're trying to solve this issue by other several
unsuccessful ways.

I'm asking you can you please add ojdbc7 (12.1.0.1, 12.1.0.2) driver to
your repository?

Best regards,
Niyaz Abbasov

--
Niyaz Abbasov

Mob:     (+994) 55 790 6181
Email:   abbasov.niyaz@gmail.com

Re: Ojdbc7 dependency issue

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
You need to talk to Oracle about this. They do not upload the artifacts and the license does not allow it.

There is btw a WebLogic Repository at Oracle which does contain the driver (under a rather strange coordinate).

Since you must run your own Repository anyway to have reliable and repeatable builds you would normally just upload the driver there.

Gruss
Bernd

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net

________________________________

Re: Ojdbc7 dependency issue

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2019-03-16 um 13:59 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On 16.03.19 13:13, Paul Hammant wrote:
>> It is probably up to Oracle (not Apache) as to what is uploaded into
>> Maven
>> Central - https://mvnrepository.com/search?q=ojdbc7
>>
>> It could be that they have decided to not upload artifacts - "Last
>> Release
>> on Oct 30, 2017" - anymore.
>>

> If you take a deeper look into that:
>
> The link you gave:
> https://mvnrepository.com/search?q=ojdbc7

This looks illegal to me. I am quite certain that Oracle's license of
the driver forbid this.

Re: Ojdbc7 dependency issue

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Paul,

On 16.03.19 13:13, Paul Hammant wrote:
> It is probably up to Oracle (not Apache) as to what is uploaded into Maven
> Central - https://mvnrepository.com/search?q=ojdbc7
>
> It could be that they have decided to not upload artifacts - "Last Release
> on Oct 30, 2017" - anymore.

If you take a deeper look into that:

The link you gave:
https://mvnrepository.com/search?q=ojdbc7

References to a repository

http://nexus.saas.hand-china.com/content/repositories/rdc/
where I have my doubts that this is correct (based on the license)

Furthermore in Central repositoy you will find some artifacts which I
suppose have been uploaded not correctly:

https://search.maven.org/search?q=ojdbc7

But they will not removed. (Immuteability principle).

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Ojdbc7 dependency issue

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com>.
To use Oracle artifacts, see here:
https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1213/core/MAVEN/config_maven_repo.htm#MAVEN9010

Best,
Laird

Re: Ojdbc7 dependency issue

Re: Ojdbc7 dependency issue

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
This should have been posted to the users list, not the dev list.

As adding artifact manually to an internal repo manager is a maintenance
nightmare, I'd like to stress that Oracle does provide a Maven repository
which can be proxied instead (with a repo manager). More info here:
https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1213/core/MAVEN/config_maven_repo.htm#MAVEN9010

Still, you do need to accept the Oracle licens but you will do that by
creating an account for the Maven repo.

/Anders

Re: Ojdbc7 dependency issue

Posted by Niyaz Abbasov <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,

Re: Ojdbc7 dependency issue

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Re: Ojdbc7 dependency issue

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2019-03-15 um 11:41 schrieb Niyaz Abbasov:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Niyaz. I'm from Azerbaijan. I'm a Senior Software Engineer in PASHA Bank
> <https://pashabank.az> - the top corporate bank in Azerbaijan. We are using
> Oracle as our core database system. For local projects, we're using ojdbc7
> as a driver. We always facing with ojdbc7 dependency problem which is not
> available in your repo. We're trying to solve this issue by other several
> unsuccessful ways.
>
> I'm asking you can you please add ojdbc7 (12.1.0.1, 12.1.0.2) driver to
> your repository?

Salam Niyaz,

as recommended by others, set up a repo manager like Nexus, create a
repo 'pasha-bank-thirdparty' and upload all Oracle-related JARs there.
Add that repo to your repo group and you are done. This is what I have
been doing for years at work.

Best greetings to my old home Baku,

Michael