Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by Lee Freyberg <lf...@efreet.co.uk> on 2009/10/23 19:56:07 UTC

Register new scm provider

Hi,

How do you go about registering a new provider?

I have created a stub impl following the instructions on the scm site,
and placed the its jar in the maven/lib dir (adding it as a dependecy
in the pom did not work), but I get an error when I try and run any of
the scm commands.

I am fairly sure mvn is picking up the provider, as if I remove the
jar from the lib dir I get a 'no provider for scm 'xxx'' message.

With the jar present I get a different error:

[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-scm-plugin:1.2:bootstrap': Unable to
load
the mojo 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-scm-plugin:1.2:bootstrap' in
the
plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-scm-plugin'. A
required class is missing:
org/apache/maven/scm/provider/AbstractScmProvider
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.AbstractScmProvider

Am I missing a dependency somewhere? Or is this not the correct way to
register a provider?

Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers,
Lee

Re: Register new scm provider

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
It should not be in the lib directory. You should add it under the
build extensions.

- Brett