Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by George Sebastian <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/19 10:01:08 UTC

Defining new Hierarchy of logger

Hi ,
I want to create a new Hierarchy of loggers and I am doing something like
this

 private static Hierarchy h =3D new Hierarchy(new RootLogger(Level.DEBUG));
   Logger logger =3D h.getLogger (XX.class.getName());

  PropertyConfigurator.configure(xxxxxx.properties);

How do i need to put in the xxxxxx.properties to add an appender  to my
rootLogger ( I mean root Logger of my Hierarchy)

I added some thing like this and is not working( I mean appender is not
added to the root logger and child loggers )

log4j.rootLogger=ALL , A1
#A1

# A1 is set to be a FileAppender sending its output to
# System.out. However, only error messages and above will be printed
# in A1 because A1's threshold is set to Level.ERROR.

# The fact that the root level is set to Prority.DEBUG only influences
# log requests made to the root logger. It has no influence on the
# *appenders* attached to root.

log4j.appender.A1=com.xx.log4link.appender.MyAppender
Can some one help me to solve this

_George Sebastian