Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Christine <ch...@christine.nl> on 2009/07/01 22:59:18 UTC

stax2 issue

Hi,
My app uses Tapestry and Google Maps. I upgraded to Tapestry 5.1,
running my app in Eclipse works fine (I use run jetty run). However,
when I create a war file and run it in Jetty, I get this error:

Exception constructing service 'TemplateParser': Error invoking
constructor
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.TemplateParserImpl(Map, boolean)
(at TemplateParserImpl.java:50) via
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.InternalModule.bind(ServiceBinder)
(at InternalModule.java:65) (for service 'TemplateParser'):
com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl cannot be cast to
org.codehaus.stax2.XMLInputFactory2

I found an earlier email about woodstox not being compatible with google
app engine. Is this related to that? I hesitate to go back to t5.0
because in t5.1 I can have my javascript included by Tapestry - it needs
to be loaded before I build the map, or rather, before I create the markers.

dagdag
Christine

--
dagdag is just a two-character rotation of byebye.

Re: stax2 issue

Posted by Christine <ch...@christine.nl>.
Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> This is likely related ...
... but it isn't. Eclipse apparently found a woodstox jar that was not
put in the war file I created. Sorry for causing confusion here.

Christine

Re: stax2 issue

Posted by Christian Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
This should help for environments where you have access to system
properties:

http://www.nabble.com/-T5.1--Running-on-Glassfish--td22132485.html

cheers,
Christian.

On Jul 1, 2009, at 5:14 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> This is likely related ... an effort is underway to release a bug fix
> release for 5.1 to address this issue and not require the Woodstox
> parser
> (but will probably still require some StAX parser).
>
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Christine <ch...@christine.nl>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> My app uses Tapestry and Google Maps. I upgraded to Tapestry 5.1,
>> running
>> my app in Eclipse works fine (I use run jetty run). However, when I
>> create a
>> war file and run it in Jetty, I get this error:
>>
>> Exception constructing service 'TemplateParser': Error invoking
>> constructor
>> org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.TemplateParserImpl(Map,
>> boolean) (at
>> TemplateParserImpl.java:50) via
>> org
>> .apache
>> .tapestry5.internal.services.InternalModule.bind(ServiceBinder)
>> (at InternalModule.java:65) (for service 'TemplateParser'):
>> com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl cannot be cast to
>> org.codehaus.stax2.XMLInputFactory2
>>
>> I found an earlier email about woodstox not being compatible with
>> google
>> app engine. Is this related to that? I hesitate to go back to t5.0
>> because
>> in t5.1 I can have my javascript included by Tapestry - it needs to
>> be
>> loaded before I build the map, or rather, before I create the
>> markers.
>>
>> dagdag
>> Christine
>>
>> --
>> dagdag is just a two-character rotation of byebye.

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry
> Director of Open Source Technology at Formos

Christian Edward Gruber
christianedwardgruber@gmail.com
http://www.geekinasuit.com/

Re: stax2 issue