Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Jablow, Eric R" <Er...@ManTech.com> on 2011/11/17 23:17:05 UTC

Debugging a NPE from a ModelPropertyResolver

I am trying to use Igor's wicket-validation-bean project, and I've managed to make a mistake where I'm getting a NullPointerException from when ValidationForm attempts to add property validators. Unfortunately, I can't tell what property it's trying to attach validators for here, as the exception message does not say. Is there any way I can get a more useful message?  The stack trace of the cause is

(The resulting stack trace has proprietary information)

                at net.ftlines.wicket.validation.bean.ReflectableProperty.init(ReflectableProperty.java:46)
                at net.ftlines.wicket.validation.bean.ReflectableProperty.<init>(ReflectableProperty.java:98)
                at net.ftlines.wicket.validation.bean.ModelPropertyResolver.resolve(ModelPropertyResolver.java:35)
                at net.ftlines.wicket.validation.bean.ValidationContext.resolveProperty(ValidationContext.java:80)
                at net.ftlines.wicket.validation.bean.ValidationForm$1.component(ValidationForm.java:170)
                at net.ftlines.wicket.validation.bean.ValidationForm$1.component(ValidationForm.java:163)
                at org.apache.wicket.util.visit.Visits.visitChildren(Visits.java:143)
                at org.apache.wicket.util.visit.Visits.visitChildren(Visits.java:122)
                at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.visitChildren(MarkupContainer.java:908)
                at net.ftlines.wicket.validation.bean.ValidationForm.addPropertyValidators(ValidationForm.java:162)
                at net.ftlines.wicket.validation.bean.ValidationForm.onBeforeRender(ValidationForm.java:155)
                at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:981)
                at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1015)
                at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1785)
                ... 56 more

Respectfully,
Eric Jablow

This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain company proprietary and legally privileged information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this in error, please reply immediately to the sender and delete this message.  Thank you.

Re: Debugging a NPE from a ModelPropertyResolver

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
if you create a testcase and attach it as a pull request i can take a
look. or a quickstart attached elsewhere would also work.

-igor

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.