Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org> on 2002/10/21 21:18:24 UTC

Re: Cron /home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs/bin/site_build_index

At 09:04 PM 10/21/02 +0200, Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>I fear I'm missing something obvious here.
>
>We have an eval require apache.org-setup.pl at the top of swish.cgi which
>sets SWISH_BINARY_PATH to its correct value.

Yep, something obvious.

There's a config file for that script .swishcgi.conf.  I wonder if that
shouldn't be in the config file instead of the script.

I like placing the binary (or a symlink) right in the directory if it can't
be in the path.  Just makes it easier to have everything in one place.  I
also sometimes like to set PERL5LIB in .htaccess

I tried running the reindexing on Apache and it seemed to hang.  I wondered
if there wasn't some content making it hang so I updated on my machine and
indexing works.  So just have to see if it clears up later.

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org

Re: Cron /home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs/bin/site_build_index

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@oslo.online.no>.
At 21:18 21.10.2002, Bill Moseley wrote:
>At 09:04 PM 10/21/02 +0200, Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
> >>I fear I'm missing something obvious here.
> >
> >We have an eval require apache.org-setup.pl at the top of swish.cgi which
> >sets SWISH_BINARY_PATH to its correct value.
>
>Yep, something obvious.
>
>There's a config file for that script .swishcgi.conf.  I wonder if that
>shouldn't be in the config file instead of the script.
>
>I like placing the binary (or a symlink) right in the directory if it can't
>be in the path.  Just makes it easier to have everything in one place.  I
>also sometimes like to set PERL5LIB in .htaccess
>
>I tried running the reindexing on Apache and it seemed to hang.  I wondered
>if there wasn't some content making it hang so I updated on my machine and
>indexing works.  So just have to see if it clears up later.

Hehe, I was doing the same :) But mine ran out of memory. Let's... wait.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
pereinar@oslo.online.no