Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Wang Fei <py...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/15 16:51:51 UTC

how to modify the network offering of system VMs?

in 3.0.6 version, when I add a network offering, there is a pull down menu
option to setup whether this offering for system VMs or not. but in 4.0,
this option is missing. but I found there is a parameter named 'issystem'
is tell whether this offering for system VMs or not. But how to tell this
offering for which kind of system VMs. VR or SSVM, maybe CPVM? so confused.

----
best regards

RE: how to modify the network offering of system VMs?

Posted by Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <ve...@citrix.com>.
You can use createServiceOffering api with params' issystem' and , 'system vmtype' along with APIs changeServiceForRouter and Change Service For System Vm.

Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com> wrote:
Well , In the latest master branch code , I still see the drop down while trying to add a system service offering which asks the user to select the type of System VM (Router VM , CPVM , SSVM) . Could you check once more or paste a screenshot somewhere ?

Thanks,
Pranav

Posted by Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>.
You show check what Swamy replied  on the previous thread –

You can use createServiceOffering api with params' issystem' and , 'system vmtype' along with APIs changeServiceForRouter and Change Service For System Vm.

Also I am not sure if you can use network offering for modifying systemVM’s . You should use the add System service offering option in the UI .

Thanks,
Pranav

Posted by Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>.