Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frédéric Laurent <fl...@opikanoba.org> on 2002/06/10 17:18:36 UTC

AccessLogValve setting restriction

Hello

what I want to do :
- configure tomcat in order to have no log, no trace

the problem I have:
- concerning the logger, it seems to be ok. In fact, I can set
the logger class to my implementation
- concerning the valve , problems !!!

in the documentation http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/config/valve.html
no className can be changed acording to :
"className : This MUST be set to
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" !

so why such a restriction ???
how can I do to bypass access log ??? any idea ?

thanks in advance

--
Frédéric Laurent
http://www.opikanoba.org

Re: AccessLogValve setting restriction

Posted by Frédéric Laurent <fl...@opikanoba.org>.

Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> If you do not want an access log, simply remove (or comment out) the
> <Valve> entry for AccessLogValve.

argh... it was so simple that I hadn't even think about it...
well, now no log file is created on disk, good news ! but
I still have console messages like
WebappLoader[/examples]: Reloading checks are enabled for this Context
ContextConfig[/examples]: Configured an authenticator for method FORM
StandardManager[/examples]: Seeding random number generator class
java.security.SecureRandom
StandardManager[/examples]: Seeding of random number generator has been
completed
StandardWrapper[/examples:default]: Loading container servlet default
StandardWrapper[/examples:invoker]: Loading container servlet invoker
HostConfig[localhost]: Deploying configuration descriptor admin.xml

this is the bad news...

in the package org.apache.catalina.servlets there is a class named
ManagerServlet in which the javadoc says :

  *     of information that is logged by this servlet.  Default is zero.
  * </ul>

and the code says...

protected int debug = 1;

I bet on a mistake :-)

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Frédéric Laurent wrote:

> Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:18:36 +0200
> From: Frédéric Laurent <fl...@opikanoba.org>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: AccessLogValve setting restriction
>
> Hello
>
> what I want to do :
> - configure tomcat in order to have no log, no trace

If you do not want an access log, simply remove (or comment out) the
<Valve> entry for AccessLogValve.

Craig