Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Douglas Reames <do...@rmsfinance.com> on 2003/04/21 16:41:57 UTC

placement of jar files

Good morning,

[1] Where should the jars files listed below be placed? NOTE:  the list
represents the files appearing in 'struts-blank.war', which I have been
using as a template.  However, the Tomcat JNDI-DataSources How-To clearly
states that commons-collections.jar, commons-dbcp.jar , commons-pool.jar
should NOT be placed in a web-app war file.

[a] common/lib  ?
[b] server/lib  ?
[c]  webapps/app-name/WEB-INF/lib  ?

[2] What are the general rules for determining where to put jar?  Example:
All 'common-xxx.jar' are to be placed under 'common/lib'.

[3] Is there guidance in the documentation somewhere that I have not seen?

commons-beanutils.jar
commons-collections.jar
commons-dbcp.jar
commons-digester.jar