Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ephraim Rosenfeld <er...@knoa.com> on 2015/12/30 12:31:36 UTC

Wicket jQuery UI - Spinner for time

Hello Wicket Team:

I would like to use the Wicket jQuery UI "Spinner" widget, as shown here: http://www.7thweb.net/wicket-jquery-ui/spinner/DefaultSpinnerPage?0, for a time field, like this example: https://jqueryui.com/resources/demos/spinner/time.html. This example adds some additional jQuery Widget Factory code to override the default functionality to format a date into a time field, e.g. '11:47 AM', and likewise, to parse new input back into a date.

Is this possible to do via Wicket? Adding the additional jQuery Widget Factory code in the example above did not seem to do the trick.

I was thinking of using Ajax to update the component on the "onspin" event, which gets fired when one of the spinner arrow buttons are pressed; however, I have no indication as to whether the value should be incremented or decremented. Capturing the event on the "onspinstop" event is sort of too late, because at this point, the widget already gets populated with the integer value as determined by the arrow buttons.

The jQuery UI documentation here (http://api.jqueryui.com/spinner/#event-spin<http://api.jqueryui.com/spinner/%23event-spin>) states that the input can be obtained on the "onspin" event using the "ui.value" property, and this can be used to determine whether the value in the field is to be incremented/decremented. Is this property exposed on the Java layer via Wicket?

I am using Wicket version 6.15.

Thank you in advance,

- Ephraim

RE: Wicket jQuery UI - Spinner for time

Posted by Ephraim Rosenfeld <er...@knoa.com>.
Hello Sebastien:

I've created the request: https://github.com/sebfz1/wicket-jquery-ui/issues/217.

Thanks so much for following up and for your contributions to the development community.

Regards,

- Ephraim

The jQuery UI timespinner is not just matter of configuration, is a new widget extending from the spinner; that's why it's not straightforward to make it work.
I think it make sense to add it to the library, so please fill an issue:
https://github.com/sebfz1/wicket-jquery-ui/issues

I am already working on it, so it can be quick...

Thanks & best regards,
Sebastien.

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ephraim,